Dr Bhagavan Antle of The Institute of Greatly Endangered and Rare Species (T.I.G.E.R.S), photographs 4 varieties of Bengal tigers
You are terrible.
You are inhumane shit bags.
Organizations like you that work so hard to justify the debilitating inbreeding of tigers to reproduce the rare color genes under the guise of “conservation.” You are liars, and the truth will spread.
This is Kenny. Kenny doesn’t have down’s syndrome like the internet has told you. Kenny is severely deformed due to inbreeding. We’re told this is necessary to “conserve” his species.
Kenny is not a special, extra endangered rare species anymore than any other black and orange striped tiger. He is a normal fucking tiger with a rare genetic mutation that is easier to reproduce by inbreeding. After so many generations of inbreeding, you get poor Kenny.
White tigers endure a host of health problems about which the public is largely unaware, including immune system deficiencies that cause many to live miserable and short lives, scoliosis of the spine, hip dysplasia, neurological disorders, cleft palates, and protruding, bulging eyes. Many are stillborn and many more turn out to be too deformed to display. Among the ones that look pretty, according to some tiger trainers, only one in 30 will consistently perform.
so FUCK YOU The Institute of Greatly Endangered and Rare Species, You are not doing a public service. You are trying to play god and trying to sweep your miserable failure under the rug by brandishing wildly at pretty pictures of white tigers that—omg—one day might perform in fucking Vegas. What a fucking honor for a tiger, huh? I’m sure the ones who are stuck living the rest of their short, agonizing lives in a cage really aspire to some day work with Sigfried and Roy.
Tumblr needs to know about this sort of bullshit because I so often see white tigers on my dash, and I really think that if more people knew the truth behind rare colored tiger “conservation” less people would be enamored by them, and therefore a market for them would start to taper off.
Read more at White Tigers: Conserving a lie.
Even your name is a great big goddamn lie.
rebagle because it’s needed.
It warms my heart when I see someone else who has a grasp on how deplorable this “organization” is. C:
10 Must-See Photographs from the 1940s
- A mother is photographed while hiding her face in shame after putting up a sign announcing that she is putting her own four children up for sale in Chicago, Illinois in 1948.
- A sign posted to remind soldiers to take Atabrine, an anti-malaria drug, while stationed in Papua, New Guinea during World War II.
- A young man sits and reads a book in the ruins of a London bookstore after the air strikes in 1940.
- A young woman sprays her arm with self-tanning spray from a suntan vending machine in 1949.
- Hitler’s officers and cadets smile for a photograph while they are seated for Christmas dinner in 1941.
- A sorrowful suicide — 23 year old Evelyn McHale is photographed after jumping from the 83rd floor of the Empire State Building and landing on a United Nations limousine in 1947.
- An Austrian boy displays glee after receiving a new pair of shoes during World War II.
- A thoughtful soldier in the trenches shares his banana with a goat during the battle on the island of Saipan in the Mariana Islands during World War II in 1944.
- A distraught little girl desperately clutches her doll while sitting in the ruins of her bombed home after the air strikes in London, England in 1940.
- An anti-comic book movement began in 1940 causing many.watchdog groups to promote the burning of comic books claiming that Batman and Robin promoted homosexuality and that children would become confused about the law of physics because of Superman’s ability to fly.
chalkandwater: Sir David Attenborough demonstrates the accuracy of the Mozambique Spitting Cobra’s venom streams by wearing a chemically treated visor that makes the venom turn purple on contact.
From Life in Cold Blood